Your information will be held by Freeman & Gray Estate Agents incorporating Karlgraysestates Ltd.
When you use our products and services we will ask for personal information (at the moment of collection we will explain what information is required in order for us to provide the particular product or service, and what information you may choose to provide), such as:
- your postal address and payment details;
- your name;
- your email addresses;
- your telephone numbers;
- your IP address;
- your date of birth.
Our privacy promise.
- To keep your data safe and private
- Not to sell your data
- To give you ways to manage and review your marketing choices at any time
How the law protects you.
As well as our privacy promise, your privacy is protected by law. This section explains how that works.
Data protection law says that we are allowed to use personal information only if we have a proper reason to do so. This includes sharing it outside of Freeman & Gray.
The law says we must have one or more of these reasons:-
- To fulfil a contract we have with you or
- When it is our legitimate interest or
- When you consent to it.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information. But, even then, it must not unfairly go against what it is right and best for you. If we rely on our legitimate interests, we will tell you what that is.
Types and where/how we collect personal information/data from.
We may collect personal information about you from other companies within Freeman and Gray, also other industry related companies e.g. solicitors, other estate agents, surveyors and building firms.
Types of Data collection:
- When you contact Freeman & Gray we will collect personal data about you. This may consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone numbers etc. The amount of data collected depends on what type of service you require e.g. mortgage applications require salary/employment details and other sensitive data and rental applications require verification documents such as a passport/visa. By submitting your details, you enable Freeman and Gray (and where applicable associated companies) to provide you with the service you select.
Where/How we collect data:
- When you talk to us on the phone or in person
- When you use our websites, mobile device apps, web chat
- In emails and letters
- In financial reviews and interviews
- In customer surveys
- If you take part in our competitions or promotions
When booking a viewing, if the landlord/vendor is conducting the viewings themselves we will pass your contact number to them to confirm the viewing. If an offer is submitted on a property you have viewed you will automatically receive an email, this is to give you a chance to submit your offer.
Who we share your personal information with?
We may share your personal information with companies within Freeman & Gray as well as the following:
- Companies that introduce you to us
- Companies that we introduce you to
- Photographers and Energy performance assessors
- Financial advisors
- Credit reference agencies
- Social networks
- Fraud prevention agencies
- Payroll service providers
- Land agents
- Public information sources, such as Companies House
- Agents working on our behalf
- Medical practitioners*
- Government and law enforcement agencies
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities
- Any party linked with you
- Companies we have a joint venture or agreement to co-operate with
*For some insurance products, your GP or other medical professional may be contacted. This will only be done with your consent.
If you choose not to give personal information
We may need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you.
If you choose not to provide us with personal information, it may delay or prevent us from meeting our obligations. It may also mean that we cannot perform services needed to run your accounts or policies. It could mean that we cancel a product or service you have with us.
Any data collection that is optional would be made clear at the point of collection.
How will we contact you?
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours, which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing communications, you may opt out at a later date.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your information to other members of the Freeman & Gray estate agents.
If you no longer wish to be contacted please email email@example.com
Freeman & Gray will not share your information for marketing purposes with other companies unless you have consented to us doing so.
How long will we keep your personal information?
We retain your personal data only for as long as we need to comply with our obligations under The Property Ombudsman Code of Practice and rules set by HMRC. The retention periods are:
- Seven years for data related to a financial transaction with Freeman & Gray (such as an Instruction to market a property)
- Six years for data related to a property transaction (such as a Valuation, Offer or Viewing)
- Five years for data related to our obligations under Anti-Money Laundering regulations
- 18 months for other personal data not covered by one of the above.